"Mutual funds were created to make investing easy, so consumers wouldn't have to be burdened with picking individual stocks." -- Scott D. Cook
If you could mention one thing that changed your life, hands down, apps get to the top of your list. And as a matter of fact, the world of investing has been enhanced, changed and crafted for the betterment by applications and technology.
But can apps make your investment in mutual funds easier? Well, yeah. More than 100 apps are emerging in the market, claiming to help you with your investment. Each one of them has its own loyal audience and features. Being a newbie, you might be wondering which application serves as a perfect launchpad for you and makes your investment journey seamless.
Here's a curated list that'll come handy for you to choose just the apt one.
How to invest in mutual funds from your smartphones?
Following are the best apps one can rely on in order to invest and grow your corpus using mutual funds: (in no particular order)
My CAMS mutual fund app
My Cams mutual fund app with a download of more than 1 million seems to work just fine in facilitating the transactions seamlessly and with ease. The features of the app include:
- Security: it can be accessed by typing in your pin and password. Furthermore, the app comes with two-factor authentication to help you feel safe and safeguard your investment activity.
- Ease of use: right from purchasing a unit to viewing the status of your entire portfolio, everything is just a button away. It also features a chatbot called 'Camserv', which helps you with your various queries regarding mutual funds.
You can also add your favourites to your watchlist and 'my favourite' list and view them all at one place at any time. You are also allowed to schedule your transactions. One can easily link their bank with the app to pay and receive money.
- Transaction fee: you don't have to pay any brokerage. You can either use net banking or a card to make a payment. SIP or lump sum, make payment as per your wish.
Groww – Direct mutual funds app
This is a relatively newer app that is gaining momentum. With about 10 million downloads, it has been the one-stop destination for a lot of investors. Now let's look at it with respect to various parameters:
- Security – it is highly safe and guarantees protection against fraud and hassle-free transactions.
- Ease of use – the app is designed to facilitate a better experience for both beginners and professionals. You will have to fill in a KYC form and provide other basic details. With that, you are all set to go.
Using the filter option, you can filter the funds that match your criteria. You can sell, buy, redeem and import funds just at the push of a button. Market news, analysis and videos are enough to offer you detailed insights into your investment activity.
- Transaction fee – there is no additional fee or brokerage charged.
So it's a big thumbs up.
ET Money mutual funds app
With more than 5 million downloads, the app is perfectly designed by top technicians. Invest in mutual funds through SIP or Lumpsum. Some of the features are as follows.
- Security – the app, under all conditions, confirms maximum user safety and security.
- Ease of use – you can use the app to track and manage the funds. You can also analyze the health of the funds and take actions accordingly. It offers a well-analyzed set of funds that will match your needs as per the different categories. You can also apply for loans and use credit-cards with the help of this app.
- Transaction fee – there is a transaction fee involved. You can use Phonepe, Paytm, Google pay or any other payment mode to make your payment.
K-Finkart mutual funds app
Having about 4.3 ratings as of Google Play-store, this platform gives its users a gateway to handle all their investments while on the go from anywhere at any time. Some of the mentionable facts of the app are as follows:
- Security – the app makes life easy for an investor by ensuring smooth investment action. It has a UI feature login that allows you to use a Facebook or Google id to log into the app.
- Ease of use –You can transact, grow or redeem your funds by just clicking the option. It also has a live screen that gets automatically refreshed, offering you with quick updates on the market.
Easy navigation and transaction appear to be its keynote feature. You can view the status of your transaction in your dashboard, along with the various fund's performance. With this app investing, in short, becomes a fun-filled task.
Paytm Money mutual funds app
Who told Paytm could be used for only payment purposes? With about 5 million downloads, the app is now emerging to be a favourite place for all investors. Some of the features which are worth mentioning are as follows:
- Security – with ease of login, the app also promises privacy of data and transparency. It also insulates and provides each and every user with utmost security. They deliver bank-level security while you make any transaction.
- Ease of use – the app offers a 100% paperless account opening procedure. Watch-list, analyses and other options are just a touch away.
- Transaction fee – there is no fee to carry your transaction.
In a nutshell
The above apps are enough to sort all your needs when coming to investing in mutual funds. With the help of these apps, you can make an investment with just 500 or lower. Be it a beginner or pro; these apps make your life much easier.
That being said, despite all the benefits that mutual funds offer, you must not forget that ultimately the underlying is the market. And markets are undetachable from risks. Although you can't ever be sure about it, an informed decision can go a long way in hedging your risks. Thus, it's always advisable to properly understand the avenues where you're gonna put your hard-earned money.
Anyway, which of the above mentioned apps do you prefer for your mutual fund investments and why? Let us know in the comments below