The month of November is not just about autumn leaves and chilly days. It's the season of celebrations and festivities worldwide, with Diwali lighting up the calendar. But that's not all! Colleges are adding an extra dose of excitement for law students with a lineup of pre and post-Diwali events. In this article, we are wrapping up the top three must-attend law events happening this November.
So, Law students! let's get started 📢
Top Events of November month
Here's a list of 3 popular events by law students that you cannot miss out. Scroll until the end. Participating in such events help students develop essential legal skills, including research, public speaking skills, argumentation, and advocacy.
1. 1st National Moot Court Competition by Chandigarh Law College on 2nd & 3rd November: Register by October 25
About Chandigarh Law College
Established in 2001, CGC Chandigarh Group of Colleges has an impressive 22-year history, solidifying its status as a leading educational institution in the North. The Jhanjeri campus within this group has garnered multiple prestigious awards, solidifying its reputation as the top choice for students. Furthermore, the consistently rising placement rates, coupled with a high-quality education system and strong industry connections, fuel students' enthusiasm for a promising future.
About the Competition
Students pursuing 3-year or 5-year law degree programs at any university, college, institution, or department accredited by the Bar Council of India (BCI) are eligible to register their teams. However, each college, institution, or department is limited to a maximum of two participating teams.
Date: The Competition shall be organized on 2nd -3rd November, 2023.
Dress Code: The participants shall adhere to the following dress code when present in any courtroom during the Competition:
Ladies: White salwar and kurta or white shirt and black trousers along with black coat and black shoes.
Gentlemen: White shirt, black trousers and black tie along with black coat and black shoes.
Note: The participating teams shall also adhere to the above-mentioned dress code while attending the inaugural and valedictory ceremonies of the Competition.
Language- The language of the Competition shall be English.
Best Team Award Merit certificate, Trophy & a cash prize of 21000/-
Runners-Up Team Award- 11000/-
The Best Mooter Award- 5000/-
The Best Memorial Award- 5000/-
The Best Researcher Award- 5000/-
Certificates will be provided to the team with the Second-Best Memorial (all the members), Second-Best Mooter, and Second-Best Researcher. In addition to the above, a Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants. (On the basis of Researcher’s Test Result)
Note: The Best Mooter will be selected on the basis of merits only.
Date of Event 2nd -3rd November 2023
Registration Fee: Rs. 2000/-: Accommodation (If availed)
Last Date of Registration: 25 October 2023
Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft copy): the 27 October 2023
Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the Moot brochure on or before 25 October 2023.
In order to confirm registration, please confirm at firstname.lastname@example.org with a nominal fee payment of INR 2000/- in the following bank account:
Beneficiary Name: Chandigarh Law College
Name of the Bank: HDFC Bank
Bank Account Number: 50100500904350
IFSC Code: HDFC0003578
Mr. Surya Kumar (Convener): +916284324758
Mr. Devanshu Saxena (Moot Executive): +919891146909
A special thank you to Lawbhoomi for publishing about this event.
Click here for brochure
2. Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee National Youth Parliament by KR Mangalam University (Haryana) on 2nd & 3rd of November: Register by October 27
About KR Mangalam University
K. R. Mangalam University, founded in 2013 under the Haryana Private University Act, is a leading educational institution in Haryana. It has the authority to grant degrees recognized by the UGC under Section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956. With a mission to improve the world through education, research, and innovation, KRMU is situated on a lush 26-acre campus amidst the picturesque Aravalli hills, providing students with a vibrant and intellectually stimulating residential environment.
The Competition is open to students from different academic fields of any recognized University/Institution/School.
- Participants can use English or Hindi interchangeably during speeches.
- The use of inappropriate language is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Participants must behave respectfully and in a disciplined manner.
- Dress professionally.
- Wear either Indian traditional attire or Western formal wear.
- Attire should be carried modestly and respectfully.
- Arrive at the committee hall 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Marking criteria will be explained by the Executive Board.
- Participants must attend the Inaugural Ceremony on 02nd November and Valedictory Ceremony on 03rd November.
Date And Venue
Committees And Agendas
Freedom of Expression and Sedition Laws
Uniform Civil Code
ALL INDIA POLITICAL PARTY MEET
Review of National Education Policy
NATIONAL SECURITY COUNCIL
Sino – India Relationship with respect to Tibet
The Registration Fees is Rs. 1300/- for each participant *EARLY BIRD OFFER (TILL 19th of October) – Rs. 1000/-
Registration Procedure: Click Here To Register
The Participation fee will be paid by Online Mode only. The last date to register is Oct 27 (Early bird registration: Oct 19)
The official notification is here.
3. 2nd Shri Nityanand Jha National Moot Court Competition by Sandip University, Nashik from 24th - 26th of November: Register by November 4th
About the Organizer
Sandip University's School of Law, a prominent constituent of the university, stands as a premier choice for legal education in the country. Their primary objective is to nurture socially responsible legal professionals equipped with industry-relevant skills. Being one of the top law colleges in Maharashtra, the School of Law has a curriculum designed by respected academicians and professionals to address the evolving demands of the legal field. With a diverse range of specializations, this institution empowers students to realize their full potential, making it a leading choice in the region for law aspirants.
About the Competition
The prestigious National Moot Court Competition, hosted by the School of Law, Sandip University will be held physically from November 24 to 26, 2023 at the School of Law, Sandip University campus, Nashik. This will be the 2nd edition of the competition.
Participation is restricted to bona-fide law students either enrolled in the 3-year LL.B. course or the 5-year integrated law course.
- Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers) only.
- The language for the Competition shall be English only.
- The rounds shall comprise of:
- Preliminary Rounds
- Quarter Round
- Semi Round
- Final Round
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted unless the same has been communicated to the organizers a week before the event in exceptional circumstances (at the discretion of organizers). It will be only allowed if the participating college attaches due proof.
- The teams should provisionally register by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Registration fee with accommodation 6000/- and without accommodation 3000/-
- The scanned copy of the receipt of payment along with the duly filled registration form should be updated in the Google form attached.
Mode of Payment
- The participants can make the payment either through Demand Draft or through online transfer, NEFT/RTGS.
- The DD must be made in favor of, “2nd Shri Nityanand Jha National Moot Court Competition 2023” payable at “NASHIK”
- A scanned copy of the DD may be sent along with the filled-in registration, accommodation, and travel form to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 10, 2023.
- Bank Name: Sandip University
- Branch Name: Thatte Nagar
- Account Number: 50100207594285
- RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Number: HDFC0000064
- MICR Code: 422240002
- Best Team: Rs. 21,000/- along with a certificate.
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/- along with a certificate.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/- along with a certificate.
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/- along with a certificate.
- Best Researcher: Rs.5,000/- along with a certificate.
- Participation Certificate for all participating teams.
- Commencement of Registration: September 25, 2023.
- Release of Moot Problem: September 25, 2023.
- Last Date of Final Registration: November 3, 2023.
- Receiving of Hard Copy of Provisional Registration Form, Accommodation Form/Authorization letter, Original Demand Draft/Online Receipt/NEFT: November 10, 2023.
- Last Date for Seeking Clarifications Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: November 10, 2023.
- Submission of Hard Copies of Memorials Commencement of Event: November 15, 2023.
For any queries, please write to email@example.com or contact any of the following:
- Mrs. Dhanya John: +918152025787
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
- Ms. Aastha Sharma: +91 6265483951 and Mr. Anurag Kalwale: +91 9139107807
Click here to register